Al-Bayan Bilingual School

Al-Bayan International School is a private, non-profit, co-educational, bilingual school founded in 1977. The wide range of academic and activity options in BBS’ program enable students to enjoy “The Best of Both Worlds” in preparation for admission to universities in the United States, Europe, the Middle East and throughout the world. BBS administers the SAT and CAT tests, and the school also offers AP courses and examinations. Two hundred qualified and experienced educators from the United States and a variety of other English and Arabic-speaking countries comprise BBS’ fine professional staff. The average length of employment for locally hired faculty is 8+ years, while those hired from the English-speaking world average approximately four or more years at the school. The school’s salary and benefit packages are highly competitive in Kuwait. Teachers at BBS enjoy significantly more preparation time than do other professionals in many American International Schools. The student body comprises approximately 90 per cent host nationals. The remaining 10 per cent are students from other Arab countries. The school’s calendar contains 190 days for faculty, and 180 for students. BBS is housed on two spacious and well-equipped facilities and classroom spaces to serve approximately 2150+ students. The school day begins at 07:10 am and ends at 2:30 pm for students. BBS’ admissions policy is based strictly upon assessment. Students must pass assessments in English, Arabic and math. Al-Bayan International School is accredited by CIS (UK), the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (US) and the Kuwait Ministry of Education.

Name:

Al-Bayan Bilingual School

Location Category:

Middle East

Country:

Kuwait

Address:

Beirut Street
next to Huda Sharawi Roundabout
Hawally
Kuwait

Enrollment:

2, 261 Students Nursery-12

Curriculum:

Advanced Placement (AP), National, United States

Faculty:

243 faculty members, including 181 third-country nationals, 40 U.S. citizens, 16 host-country nationals, and 6 U.K. citizens

Benefits:

Settling-in Allowance. End of Service severance pay. Payment for co-curricular activities. Support for Professional Development. Reimbursement for unused sick leave.

School Year:

September – June

Year Founded:

1977

Average Class Size:

Elementary: 22, Secondary: 22

Sports:

Badminton, Basketball, Football, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track & Field, Volleyball

Clubs:

National Honor Society, Bowling, Computer, Rock Climbing, Cooking, Painting, Table Tennis, Soccer

Campus Information:

City (or closest city): Kuwait City, Location Type: Suburban, Campus Size (hectares): 4, No of Buildings: 5, No of Campuses: 2, No of Classrooms: 149, No of volumes in Library: 59, 317, No of computer labs: 3, No of instructional computers: 400

Physical Facilities:

Art Room(s): 3, Auditorium(s): 2, Cafeteria(s): 1, Covered play area(s): 3, Gymnasium(s): 3, Infirmary(ies): 5, Playing field(s): 4, Science lab(s): 12, Air Conditioning: Yes